Business intelligence (BI) is related to the transformation of raw operational data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis and reporting. The purpose of Business Intelligence is mainly to generate new valuable information out of large amounts of historical data.
BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations. For example, they can be used to predict business trends and customer behaviors or to create management cockpits.
Common functions of BI are business reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, process mining, business performance management, benchmarking, text mining, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics.
As experienced data migration specialists, we analyse your needs, the current and future IT systems, design migration strategies, plan approaches and manage any data migration or integration projects.
Some of the key elements in migrating information are:
- Defining the best migration strategy (timing, process)
- Ensuring that business concepts are understood and correctly migrated
- Cleaning up current data prior to migration
- Ensuring correct data mapping between systems
- Setting up a performing and accurate data reconciliation process
- Provide users’ training
Information Architecture is the art of analysing business and user needs and then organizing information to best meet those needs. In this role, we act as a key bridge in a project team between creative and technical development teams, design and build shared data environments. As part of our job, we establish governance of business data to ensure owners’ and experts are defined for each area of expertise. We ensure data consistency, accuracy, availability, and accessibility and provide a cross functional view of business data to the organisation.
- Define overall information architecture strategy
- Define shared corporate or cross-functional data models
- Define reference data (e.g. instruments, codes, partners)
- Data integration and migration